Chelsea Physiotherapy & Occupational Therapy
Total Health Physio proudly offers healthcare services in Chelsea that come with our values of Trust, Compassion & Care. We provide Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy & Exercise Physiology from wonderful clinicians that are dedicated to their role.
We proudly partner with
- NDIS participants and NDIS support coordinators
- Homecare package clients and providers
- Private paying clients
- DVA and other insurance schemes
We first began operations in 2011 and have expanded across Melbourne. Like many providers, we help people identify and work towards their goals. Importantly, Total Health Physio is more than just healthcare, we’re real people that want to see you succeed and live life to the fullest.
Mobile Throughout Chelsea
Our Physiotherapists work with a range of beautiful people from all walks of life.
As an Allied Health practitioner, we always adopt a patient-directed approach to care, so our services are completely tailored to the individual. Our Physiotherapists participate in ongoing education so we are typically aware of modern evidence, this is part of our value of Care – we strive to offer the best possible care.
Our Physios visit people in their home to conduct an initial assessment. We help people in many ways, such as
- Completing rehabilitation programs together
- Prescribing exercises that can be performed independently
- Specific programs to address gait pattern, upper limb strength, falls prevention and so forth
We aim to make our sessions fun and engaging. When arriving at your house, we hope to see a big smile, and a thumb-up when leaving to know you’re feeling accomplished from the progress we have made together.
Occupational Therapy (OT)
Occupational Therapy services can be accessed under a range of funding schemes. We help people live more independent, safe and meaningful lives.
- Assistive Technology that improves mobility and independence. Total Health Physio performs the assessment and provision of assistive technology. This includes mobility equipment (scooters and wheelchairs) to custom furniture and aids for sleeping, seating, washing through to electrical devices
- We assist with life-enhancing home modifications. If you require renovations, we can help from quoting through to building and installation. We can assist with rails, ramps, and platform lifts.
- We also help people acquire low cost equipment, such as walking sticks and walking frames. Just the smallest interventions can have a big impact on your day.
Our Commitment to Care
We are dedicated to the community of Chelsea and have done so since 2011.
We always go the extra mile for both our partners and clients.
- We have close attention to detail necessary for dealing with critical documentation, processes, and compliance.
- We take the time to understand and assess each client’s needs to offer them the best solution, including the most appropriate clinicians and clinical solution based on the latest evidence-based research.
- We work as part of your team, creating solutions, and offering support to our clients, health care partners, carers and families.
- Empathy and compassion are as important as skills in our sector. We understand this and our clinicians prioritise this in every intervention.
Chelsea – Total Health Physio is here for you
If you or a client lives in Chelsea, we welcome new referrals and have the ability to refer onwards if necessary. Please call us to assess your situation and see how we can help.
We are a community practice and visit people in their homes. We work with you and your family and really listen – respecting your decisions and preferences at all times. We also work with your home care package coordinator or case manager, NDIS coordinator or medical specialists to deliver a holistic services – this is part of our value of Trust.
Get in touch today – we’d love to chat about how we can make a difference and help you experience our values of Trust, Compassion & Care.
Our Wonderful Success Story from Chelsea
Total Health Physio has been helping a man in Chelsea with Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy support, he says we’ve greatly helped him improve his quality of life.
The inspiring client lives with an acquired brain injury sustained 20 years ago. He now lives with depression, early-onset dementia and recently had a stroke resulting in left-sided weakness.
His primary goal was to remain independent. He enjoys living in his apartment with two dogs but recognised that support would enable him to live his best life.
Our Occupational Therapist prescribed assistive equipment to support him with the tasks of daily living. This included a four-wheel walker, making it easier for him to access the community. Our Physiotherapist has been helping him to improve strength and balance, which translates to a safer life at home.
We are delighted with the progress the client is making. Initially, the client expressed it was difficult to find motivation. Since working with us, however, he has become much more optimistic about his future.
We really care about people’s wellbeing – including their outlook on life, the Chelsea community can be assured we’re always here, in the tough times, and the joyous ones too.
He is now keen to walk outside and enjoy the sunshine, and he walks around the block regularly and comes home to two wagging tails.
This case is a great example of how small, simple interventions can make an enormous difference to someone’s quality of life.